Welcome!

CC's Fashions is a line of clothing & accessories for small dogs. I have been making and selling dog apparel in Northeast Oklahoma for 3 years. Other than your usual bandanna and the crazy halloween costumes, I had never seen anyone dress their dog, until my friend was showing me some of her purchases. What I notice right away was the quality of the merchandise didn't match up with the cost.

I have been sewing since I was a young girl and knew that I could do better. I started making coats and dresses for my friend's little dog, and soon after, I had a whole bunch of new friends.

My little business started at the kitchen table, moved to a spare bedroom, and then to a shop that my husband built for me. People look at me a little funny when I tell them that I started this business by accident, but I can honestly say that I love what I do.

I hope you enjoy the blog and visit often!!!

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Claudia's Burning Ink

Each time I look at someones Etsy shop, I am always curious about the artist. Truly believing that I am not the only one, I decided that I wanted to feature artists in my blog. How could I possibly not introduce Oklahoma artist.



I am fascinated with Claudia's Burning Ink! I love things that are out of the ordinary and Claudia's purses certainly fits into the unique category.



I asked Claudia to tell us a little about herself.......

I'm Claudia, I'm a daughter, an artist, a wife, a jewelry maker, a daughter-in-law, a painter, a sister-in-law, a fun loving person, an aunt, an animal lover, a brat, and I'm spoiled. One thing I'm not is a sister, I'm an only child, hence the spoiled part.


I was born and raised in Bakersfield, CA. I've moved away a few times, Florida, Morro Bay CA, Santa Monica CA, and now Oklahoma. Yukon, OK.


I've been making crafts and artwork since I could hold something in my hand. My mother is a crafter of many materials. I don't think I hardly owned any store bought clothes till I was in third grade. My mother taught me my love for all things handmade and photography. My first piece that was in a "show" was when I was 3 years old. It was where you put paint on cookie cutters and put them on paper to make images. Mine was very abstract. I love all kinds of art and love trying new projects. I really admire people that can blow glass and throw clay. I've tried both, my glove nearly caught on fire with the glass blowing. I don't do art that hurts. I'm left handed (that's why I'm so cool) and my teacher for my pottery class couldn't figure out how to teach me.


I enjoy looking at old art as well as new. I love that I live near OKC and can go to the Museum of Art whenever I want. I love that art is in our everyday life, whether it be by nature, or by man, it is all beautiful.


I'm really glad I found Etsy. Moving here has been ruff on making new friends, but this site has given me a door to people with interest like mine.


Keeping My Heart Safe



I love this purse! The first thing that I noticed about Claudia's designs was the similarity to tattoos. This is Claudia's personal purse modeled after one of her closest friends tattoo. I like tattoos...on other people. Since I am a BIG Chicken and totally opposed to pain, Claudia's purses will give me an opportunity to carry around my tattoo.







Love, Live, Laugh



How sweet!!! I think we all need to be reminded sometimes to love, live and laugh. What better way than to carry our treasures.





Claudia's creations are so special. Through my life I have owned a few purses and trust me when I tell you that, with the exception of the one I am carrying now, I can't remember what they even looked like. I know that this would not be the case with Claudia's purses. Art that touches us can not be forgotten. Take a look at Claudia's Shop. You will find some wonderful purses. They will make great holiday gifts.





No comments:

Little Verdell

Little Verdell