Welcome!

CC's Fashions is a line of clothing & accessories for small dogs. I have been making and selling dog apparel in Northeast Oklahoma for 3 years. Other than your usual bandanna and the crazy halloween costumes, I had never seen anyone dress their dog, until my friend was showing me some of her purchases. What I notice right away was the quality of the merchandise didn't match up with the cost.

I have been sewing since I was a young girl and knew that I could do better. I started making coats and dresses for my friend's little dog, and soon after, I had a whole bunch of new friends.

My little business started at the kitchen table, moved to a spare bedroom, and then to a shop that my husband built for me. People look at me a little funny when I tell them that I started this business by accident, but I can honestly say that I love what I do.

I hope you enjoy the blog and visit often!!!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Customer Service

As a small business owner, I have learned very quickly that customer service is the most important part of your business. Without it you have nothing. I realize that it is important to have quality merchandise, keep great records, etc...but without customer service, there isn't going to be a need for any of the other great skills that you may have.

An online business is unique because your customers will never be able to walk in your store, touch and inspect your products, and form an opinion of you based on your looks or personality.
It is very important to develop a relationship of trust with your online customer. I can only imagine how our customers must feel. They see something they love and then have to take a chance that could involve them losing their hard earned money. For this very reason, I feel that it is my job to make them feel a little more comfortable about their decision.

What makes great customer service? It's not what happens when things go right that makes great customer service, it's how you handle things when they don't.



Communication is Key
  • I respond to every email that I receive in a timely manner.
  • I check my email several times each day to assure that my customer or potential customer doesn't have to wait long for a response.
  • I don't make promises that I can't keep. I would rather lose a sale than have an unhappy customer
  • I send an email to customer whenever their order is shipped
  • Each order has a hand written thank you card with contact information.
  • It's very important remain professional even when you feel that you are being treated unfairly.

Shipping

  • All orders that considered ready to wear are shipped within 2 business days of receiving a clear payment.
  • Custom orders are shipped within 7 business days of receiving a clear payment.
  • Each package is carefully packed.
  • Delivery confirmation is added to every order.
  • Insurance is always available.
  • It is my responsibility to make sure that my customer receives their order.

Returns

  • I always do my best to avoid returns by doing things right the first time.
  • If a customer is unhappy with their purchase, I make it right.

I know that every small business owner does things differently, but I can assure you that the successful ones know that their customers are the back bone of their business.

1 comment:

Stone Island Lady said...

You Certainly made me feel like I mattered. I can't tell you how nice that is in a market today when everything is so automated. Your personal attention was every bit as important to me and I'll be certain to pass your info on to friends of mine. Thanks so much! Deb

Little Verdell

Little Verdell