Welcome!

CC's Fashions is a line of clothing & accessories for small dogs. I have been making and selling dog apparel in Northeast Oklahoma for 3 years. Other than your usual bandanna and the crazy halloween costumes, I had never seen anyone dress their dog, until my friend was showing me some of her purchases. What I notice right away was the quality of the merchandise didn't match up with the cost.

I have been sewing since I was a young girl and knew that I could do better. I started making coats and dresses for my friend's little dog, and soon after, I had a whole bunch of new friends.

My little business started at the kitchen table, moved to a spare bedroom, and then to a shop that my husband built for me. People look at me a little funny when I tell them that I started this business by accident, but I can honestly say that I love what I do.

I hope you enjoy the blog and visit often!!!

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Pirates Life For Little Verdell


Today I spent all day in my shop. First, I had to clean up, so that I could at least have some order to the chaos. I usually clean everything up, sew like crazy for a couple of days, and then clean up again. You just can't be creative without getting a little messy. Who am I kidding? For me, it's a lot messy.


I'm always amazed by the really organized people in this world. If you aren't amazed by a really organized person, then you probably are one. Trust me when I say, I am truly amazed. Being organized just does not come easy for me. I have to have a list to get things done. It's purpose is to keep me from getting to distracted.


I have a friend who I could walk into her house at any time and ask where something was and she could tell me without having to leave the comfort of her chair to look. Batteries? Back left corner of the third drawer from the right. For me, I would not only have to get up, I'd spend thirty minutes to find the dead batteries that I should have thrown away.


Today was a pretty productive day. My shop is clean, orders are ready to go for tomorrow, and I did an inventory of all my merchandise. After all of that was done, I decided to make something new.


I finally decided to make a pirate costume and who better to try it out than Little Verdell. I know that I make and sell pet apparel, but Little Verdell isn't up to speed on this process. He doesn't like to wear anything that feels too confining. (His legs are so short, it doesn't take much.) He will wear a hat and bandannas so the little pirate costume was just perfect for him.


No comments:

Little Verdell

Little Verdell