Welcome!

CC's Fashions is a line of clothing & accessories for small dogs. I have been making and selling dog apparel in Northeast Oklahoma for 3 years. Other than your usual bandanna and the crazy halloween costumes, I had never seen anyone dress their dog, until my friend was showing me some of her purchases. What I notice right away was the quality of the merchandise didn't match up with the cost.

I have been sewing since I was a young girl and knew that I could do better. I started making coats and dresses for my friend's little dog, and soon after, I had a whole bunch of new friends.

My little business started at the kitchen table, moved to a spare bedroom, and then to a shop that my husband built for me. People look at me a little funny when I tell them that I started this business by accident, but I can honestly say that I love what I do.

I hope you enjoy the blog and visit often!!!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Little Verdell

At my house, we have two pets, a miniature dachshund and a fish. I'm sure that we have a fish for a 2nd pet because the dog is just too high maintenance. He needs to be the center of attention at all times and against all Dog Whisperer rules, we let him. He is the pack leader and we don't even try to be.

Little Verdell is 9 years old. Yes, his name is Verdell. (Try going out in the front yard and yelling that name.) Little Verdell was a gift for my oldest son's 18th birthday and he chose the name. After a while, my son move away from home, married, etc....but the dog stayed with us. At this point, my son can come to visit, but Little Verdell is here to stay.

Today, we went to the groomer to get our nails clipped and get a bath. What takes the groomer 15 minutes to do, it takes both my husband and me an hour and a half. Why? Because Little Verdell acts like a spoiled 2 year old and refuses to sit still, snaps at us, and in general makes us wish that we had never tried.

The first time I took him to the groomer, I warned her over and over about how bad he was. And wouldn't you know it, he acted like a perfect little gentleman and made a huge liar out of me. Undoubtedly, she is a pack leader.

All ended well....Little Verdell smells great, his nails are perfect, he looks so cute in his little bandanna and was ready for a nice long nap when we got back home. Goodness, a quiet, non-yapping house is nice.

Oh, the fish doesn't have a name, doesn't care, and is very, very, quiet.

No comments:

Little Verdell

Little Verdell