Welcome!

CC's Fashions is a line of clothing & accessories for small dogs. I have been making and selling dog apparel in Northeast Oklahoma for 3 years. Other than your usual bandanna and the crazy halloween costumes, I had never seen anyone dress their dog, until my friend was showing me some of her purchases. What I notice right away was the quality of the merchandise didn't match up with the cost.

I have been sewing since I was a young girl and knew that I could do better. I started making coats and dresses for my friend's little dog, and soon after, I had a whole bunch of new friends.

My little business started at the kitchen table, moved to a spare bedroom, and then to a shop that my husband built for me. People look at me a little funny when I tell them that I started this business by accident, but I can honestly say that I love what I do.

I hope you enjoy the blog and visit often!!!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Hooray!!!!! It's Friday!!

Ever since I was little, I have loved Friday! I can understand how that was exciting way back then; I didn't have to go to school on Saturday and later, when I had a "real job", it was the end of the work week. With that being said, I often wonder why I still get excited about Friday. My little shop is behind the house...I'm home all week...and I work on the weekends.

I think I know why...My husband who does have a "real job" is home over the weekend. Every Friday night, we meet friends for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. There are times during the weekend that I take time to do the things that I want to do. In a nut shell, it's different than the rest of the week. The weekend is designed to break up the monotony.

Today has been a really busy and great day! I got a call from one of my customers and we had a really good visit. When you sell online, its difficult to form the one on one relationships that you may have with a local customer. The phone call made my day. Then I got an order for five of my dresses. Isn't that exciting!! I finished mending some jackets for a groomer that has my clothing in her shop and sent off my package for the Dog MAFiA promotion that is coming up.
I also had a chance to visit with my mail lady for a few minutes. She's the best!

I have also been working very hard to get my entry ready for the Etsy Halloween Costume Contest! I'm not going to give anything away just yet, but I will be showing you a picture next week. I will tell you this.....I have making green and white pom poms all week long. I can't wait until I'm actually getting everything put together. Won't be long now.

Now I'm off to change clothes and get ready for my Mexican food. I'm about to starve.

No comments:

Little Verdell

Little Verdell