Welcome!

CC's Fashions is a line of clothing & accessories for small dogs. I have been making and selling dog apparel in Northeast Oklahoma for 3 years. Other than your usual bandanna and the crazy halloween costumes, I had never seen anyone dress their dog, until my friend was showing me some of her purchases. What I notice right away was the quality of the merchandise didn't match up with the cost.

I have been sewing since I was a young girl and knew that I could do better. I started making coats and dresses for my friend's little dog, and soon after, I had a whole bunch of new friends.

My little business started at the kitchen table, moved to a spare bedroom, and then to a shop that my husband built for me. People look at me a little funny when I tell them that I started this business by accident, but I can honestly say that I love what I do.

I hope you enjoy the blog and visit often!!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Trip To Town

Every Sunday, I sit down and plan out my projects for the week. I call this the unattainable list. I know from experience that I will never be able to get everything done, but I do get a feeling of satisfaction every time I mark something off of the list. Sometimes, you just have to learn to go with the flow.

I work everyday and rarely take an entire day off, even on the weekends. So...after 15 trips to the refrigerator, without finding something to fix for dinner, it's time to make a trip to the store. I live 15 miles from town, so I try to make the trip worth while. I made a trip to the bank, shipped out packages at the post office, and picked up supplies before I started loading up the grocery basket. I sure wish I hadn't been hungry. I was like a kid in a candy store. Everything sounded wonderful and I just had to have it.

I finally made it to the car, got everything loaded and was on my way back home. About half way between the store and my house, I realized my cell phone was not in my pocket. (Visions of searching the store aisles were going through my head.) I had to pull over to find it. Fortunately, my Mom had her phone to call me on my cell phone. No....I didn't answer.....but I found my phone in the back floor board.

On my way again, when I realized that all of these wonderful things that I had purchased were going to have to be unloaded and put away. What was I thinking? Finally, I'm home and everything is out of the car and at this point, I'm just tired.

After a short break, I head out to my shop, checked email, looked over the list, and realized after wandering aimlessly that I'm not getting anything accomplished and the world had not fallen off of its axis. I quit...went back to the house...and enjoyed a somewhat lazy afternoon.
Tomorrow...the list will be twice as long and I'll be kicking myself over and over. I think I'll read this again to remind myself how much I enjoyed a little slow time.

No comments:

Little Verdell

Little Verdell